Blind Review and Evaluation Process
- Blind review, is a method applied for publishing scientific studies with the highest quality. This method underlies objective evaluation process of scientific studies.
- ACJES uses double blind method for evaluation of all the studies. Author and referee names are kept hidden in double blind method.
- Names of the authors or any information revealing the author’s name should not be written in the studies sent to ACJES. The information about the authors of the texts evaluated and accepted to publish is added by the editor and journal secretariat.
- Each study sent to ACJES is initially evaluated by the editor or editor assistants in terms of its convenience with writing and publishing principles. As a result of this evaluation, the text is sent to the author by the editors demanding review if there is any review required.
- The studies which are not convenient with the writing principles are not sent to the referee.
- The studies found convenient in terms of writing and publishing principles are directed to the referees. At least two referees are assigned for the evaluation of each study approved by the editor. The referees are chosen from the people who are experts of the texts’ domain represented.
- The names of referees and authors are kept hidden from each other.
- The maximum time given to the referees for evaluation of the study sent is 6 weeks. A new referee is assigned for the study which is not reported in the time given.
- A study reported positively by two referees is entitled to be published. A study reported positively by a referee and negatively by the other referee is sent to a third referee. It is decided whether the study will be published in accordance with the third referee’s report. The referees’ review suggestions and evaluation form answers are registered to the system. To investigate evaluation form click here.
- It is obligatory to complete the review suggestions of the referees or editors in 1 month. Not only do the referees decide the convenience of a study by investigating reviews but also they can demand review for multiple times if needed.
- Referees can want to see the study demanded to be reviewed once again before publishing. In case that this demand is stated in the report, the reviewed version of the text is sent to the referee automatically.
- The authors can object to the referee’s report in a reasonable frame and with convincing data. The objections are examined by the journal administration and another referee’s or other referees’ opinion about the subject can be regarded if appropriate.
- The authors can follow the stages of the article’s evaluation process sent to ACJES’ electronic system by using their own membership information. Referee process should be followed seriously, it should be waited that both of the referees ended up their evaluation and uploaded their reports to make possible changes as the article can be reviewed only once. Journal editors follow the reviews of the referees seriously. In this respect, the editors can decide on publishing or rejecting the text.
All the articles published in ACJES are licensed by Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Licence.